[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: TM / RSE Testing

Hello Joe, Yu-Fen,

the changes in RSE since M4 may seem scary at first sight, but the actual
changes required to user code should be minimal - just do an "Organize
Imports" in PDE and that should be it.

See the current build notes for details:
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/I20060921-0710/buildNotes.php

If you should find that the changes are not so easy for you, please let us
know so we can document necessary user code changes for other users
as well.

Any testing you can contribute will be helpful, even if it's not during the
official testing period. What I'd really appreciate, though, would be if
you could sign up what you are planning on the testing page at
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/I20060921-0710/buildNotes.php
such that everybody knows what you are up to and we can avoid
duplicate work.

Thanks,
Martin

Joe Green schrieb:

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:

Hi Joe,

Yes, I should be able to do this. I may have to get someone else here to do the initial round of testing, as I'll be traveling on the 26th to 28th.

Cool. Please let me know the E-Mail address of that person,
So I can send out test instructions.

Yu-Fen Kuo is the person (copied on this email).

She has since told me that we probably can't meet the first testing window on September 25. The changes in the RSE will require changes in our code that won't be done by that date. The October date should be fine.

Also, please edit the Wiki page with test assignment.

I see you've signed me up for SSH processes service. This is the service we've implemented, right? It's not in the milestone yet? We now have approval to submit this to the community, but I don't think Yu-Fen has done this yet.

The original idea was that you test what you developed in-house,
And thus we would see if the extension points etc. work OK.
If you are ready to contribute, that's even better!

Please don't hesitate to create a bugzilla report for your
Contribution, and attach the source code to it. It further
Streamlines the process if, in the bugzilla entry, you make
A note like the following:

Legal Message: I, {name}, declare that I developed attached code from scratch, without referencing any 3rd party materials except material licensed under the EPL. {I am authorized by my employer to make this contribution under the EPL.}

(See also http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php)

If you want to see your contribution in the TM 1.0 release,
We'll need that bug entry REAL SOON, because the Eclipse Legal
Review also takes some time.

It's GREAT to hear that you want to make this contribution!
Thanks!

Martin

--
Joe Green <jgreen@xxxxxxxxxx>