[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: [platform-team-dev] Re: FTP3.2 plugin question

Gonzalo,

Once you have exported you files once, you should be able to create a Synchronization for it. To do so, open the TEam perspective and, from the left-most dropdown in the Synchronize view, chose Synchronize. You can then choose FTP and click next. You should see an entry for the export you perfomed. Selecting that and clicking finish will make any new changes you have made appear in the synchronize view.

Michael\

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/21/2006 03:57 AM

Please respond to
Generic team support framework <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Generic team support framework" <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
gonzalo briceno <gonzaloother@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: [platform-team-dev] Re: FTP3.2 plugin question

... and here is the original question from Gonzalo on the newsgroup:

First of all, I would like to say that I hope this is the right place to
ask
this question.  I've searched in both the 'target management' and
'webtools'
newsgroups as well as the web for an answer to this.  As a matter of
fact, I
gave the eSFTP plugin a try prior to trying out the FTP plugin but I
wasn't
satisfied with it.

I have installed the WebDAV and FTP 3.2 plugins onto eclipse 3.2 and got
it
to work.  My only issue here is that in order to upload(export) the
files
I've been working on, I have to go through the entire export process
a.. On the main project node in the Navigator view, choose menu:
Export...
a.. Select 'FTP' protocol and press Next.
a.. Choose a new folder to be exported and press Next.
a.. Choose the FTP target site
a.. press on Next

Otherwise, I do not see any way to upload a file.  Is it at all possible
quickly upload a file after the FTP target has been defined as well as
setup
for the project?

If this is not possible, are there other 3rd party tools that I can use
(perhaps purchase) to do this?  Thank you all very much for your time.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm