[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: FTP3.2 plugin question

Hello Gonzalo,

The FTP/WebDAV component that you've been trying, was originally written by the Eclipse Platform/Team group - but it's not being actively maintained any more. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question myself; best I can do is point you to the platform-team-dev mailing list, there should be the people who have originally developed FTP/WebDAV.

The other answer is, that in our project (Target Management) an
alternative solution for FTP is being developed. Our solution is
more like a traditional FTP client where you can work on the
remote site almost as if it were local. You can upload / download
by copy & paste actions.

The bad news on our side is, that we've been waiting since May for
Eclipse Legal IP / Copyright Review to complete on an FTP library
that we want to use (Jakarta commons net). While we dont have that
library, our FTP client is the one from Sun, which is rather unreliable (but probably not much worse than the FTP/WebDAV one, which is also
from Sun I believe).

Anyways, it would be great if you'd want to try out our solution,
it's the "Remote System Explorer" and Milestone 4 was just completed
today:
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/S-1.0M4-200608182355/index.php

Please have a look at the build notes, there's a link to a Tutorial.
We'd appreciate any feedback that you'd want to give.

Cheers,
Martin Oberhuber
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top