---------------------------
Dave Dykstal
dykstal@xxxxxxx

On Aug 11, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:

What do the Dave's think about an "RSE" prefix?

I really appreciate discussing such things as a group
before actually making the changes.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

-----Original Message-----
From: Kushal Munir [mailto:kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 10:16 PM
To: Oberhuber, Martin
Cc: David McKnight; David Dykstal; Target Management
developer discussions
Subject: RE: RSE Refactorings

Hi Martin,

I don't think there were any discussions about this, but I
thought it would
be better to have a prefix for the base API classes to make
it easier for
folks to identify them. Many of our classes in the past have
had the prefix
"System" or "ISystem", and infact still do. I thought it
would be better to
change to "RSE" as the prefix instead as we refactor the
classes, but we
would still be left with inconsistencies unless we went
through and did
that for all base API classes (both non-UI and UI).

I don't feel too strongly about this either way, and I'm ok with not
following this "convention".

Cheers,

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Oberhuber,

             Martin"

             <Martin.Oberhuber
             @windriver.com>           Kushal
Munir/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

          cc
             08/11/2006 01:52          David
McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA,
             PM                        "David Dykstal"

<david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Target
                                       Management developer
discussions"

<dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

     Subject
                                       RE: RSE Refactorings

Hi Kushal,

was it somewhere discussed / agreed / specified that
we'd want an RSE* prefix? Did I miss any discussion
or meeting?

I'm not very fond of the RSE* prefix, to me this
feels like antique, since Java provides package
names in order to distinguish between different
things with the same name.

But I'll happily accept it if you have good arguments...

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm