Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Fwd: Europa milestones

Thanks John. I like the scheme and suggest we adopt it for TM as well. The
scheme allows our Europa M1 and M2 to be identical to our ending milestones
for our first release.
_______________________
David Dykstal
david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx

             John Arthorne
             <John_Arthorne@ca
             .ibm.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Target Management developer
             dsdp-tm-dev-bounc         discussions
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx            <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             07/21/2006 09:39                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Fwd: Europa
                                       milestones

             Please respond to
             Target Management
                 developer
                discussions
             <dsdp-tm-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

This wiki page describes the version numbering policy used by the platform
project:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Version_Numbering

Under this scheme, plug-ins and features follow the same guidelines for
evolution (third segment for bug fixes, second segment for new API or
significant code changes, first segment for breaking API changes). Feature
numbers are incremented by the largest increment of the plug-ins they
include.

Another useful guide to version number evolution can be found here:

http://www.stokely.com/lighter.side/version.numbers.html

John

 David Dykstal
 <david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent by:                                                               To
 dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx             Target Management developer
                                             discussions
                                             <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 21/07/2006 10:06 AM                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
          Please respond to                  Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Fwd: Europa
     Target Management developer             milestones
             discussions
      <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If we're allowed some slack in the initial part of the schedule, I propose
that we supply our M4 build as Europa M1, and our R1 builds as Europa M2.
>From what I understand of the eclipse development process, we are
encouraged to not change plugin version numbers unless the plugin content
has actually changed - its only the feature version numbers that should be
modified from release to release. Does this make sense?
_______________________
David Dykstal
david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx

            Martin Oberhuber
            <martin.oberhuber
            @windriver.com>                                            To
            Sent by:                  Target Management developer
            dsdp-tm-dev-bounc         discussions
            es@xxxxxxxxxxx            <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                       cc

            07/21/2006 04:35                                      Subject
            AM                        [dsdp-tm-dev] Fwd: Europa
                                      milestones

            Please respond to
            Target Management
                developer
               discussions
            <dsdp-tm-dev@ecli
                pse.org>

Hi folks,

find below a first schedule that the Eclipse Platform is looking at for
the 3.3 (Europa ) train.

If we want to take part with RSE 2.0 in the Europa Coordinated Release
next year, we'll be
supposed to follow those milestones approximately (by few weeks off).

We could discuss this in more detail in the TM meeting (first wednesday
in August).

Cheers
Martin