Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] rseserver daemon, port ranges, and firewalls

Hi,

The daemon currently does not support the port range as input - at the moment only the server takes the parameters that way.  For now, if you're using the daemon, you'll have to specify a specific port.  When starting a server via the daemon, you'll also have to pick a specific port (subsystem port) so the server starts up with it.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/619/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Ploett, Norbert" <norbert.ploett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/07/2006 12:16 PM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-tm-dev] rseserver daemon, port ranges, and firewalls

Hi all,

so I am back trying to connect to the dstore server via daemon launcher.
I try to connect to a machine which has a firewall so there is a problem
with the fact, that the launcher appears to assign an unpredictable port
to the started service. The help in the daemon.pl script claims that the
script may be started with a port range as command line argument, but
this does not work:

# perl daemon.pl 14500-14510
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at daemon.pl
line 40.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at daemon.pl
line 42.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
string: "14500-14510"
       at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.jav
a:48)
       at
org.eclipse.dstore.core.server.ServerLauncher.<init>(ServerLauncher.java
:409)
       at
org.eclipse.dstore.core.server.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:5
50)

This is in line with the source code, which does not contain any hints
that port ranges are processed. Can anybody help me with info on how to
get the launcher use a specified port range?

(Or any other workaround?)

Thanks,

Norbert