[dsdp-tm-dev] Starting RSE M4 iteration

Hello comrades,

as we are starting the 6-week iteration that will lead us to RSE M4
(which will be API Freeze), I have looked through all open bug
entries and done the following:

* Marked bugs that request an API change as [api]
* Marked bugs that I consider risky or "big rocks" as Priority P1 or P2

I think these are the work items that we should strive to address
first in our iteration. In order to make the corresponding bugzilla
queries easily available, I have added a "bug process" page on our
website, available from the "Developer Tools" page:

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/bug_process.php

All RSE Users and Adopters are welcome to get and try M3, file
more bug reports and engage in discussions regarding RSE API
improvements. Remember, M4 will be the freeze after which no
more API changes will be allowed.

API discussions are going to be held on bugzilla, with the
following Wiki page as starting point:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/RSE_API_Discussion

As we are getting closer to our release, bugs or enhancement
requests may now also be deferred post RSE 1.0 by setting
resolution to LATER. Please don't let that stop you from
actually reporting issues - even if not everything will make
it into 1.0 it's important to know the issues you find.

Thanks,
Martin

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Oberhuber        mailto:martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx