Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] TM conf. call - notes for 7-Jun-2006

Michael --

The problem wasn't so much with EFS as it was with other bits of the
Eclipse start up. RSE uses two hidden projects: one to locally cache files
and one to hold the all the descriptions of the connections and filters we
use. When we attempt to fit into EFS we found that we needed to access this
cache and its resource properties, but couldn't at the time we had to get
to it. We patched that to see if we could get further and ran into other
similar problems that we haven't had time yet to investigate further.
Moving the cache out of the workspace would be a fairly significant design
hit. Dave McKnight is continuing to investigate and we'll be submitting
patches to see if we can't get this to work better.
David Dykstal
david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top