[dsdp-tm-dev] Meeting Notes - talking with Bjorn about checkpoint review

Hello,

FYI, in order to keep our processes Open -- here are the notes
I took from a phone meeting that Doug Gaff and I had with
Bjorn Freeman-Benson yesterday, may 31, regarding Checkpoint
Review for the TM project.

* Main Goal of the Checkpoint Review is to verify that the
  project has a healthy community of users and adopters.
  All other criteria are negotiable as long as the project
  can justify its decisions and quality.

* For now, it is sufficient to prepare slides for the review,
  and have nobody say "no" during the review. But, the process
  is undergoing modifications right now and by October it might
  be that the review requires e.g. at least 2 people to show
  up and say "yes". Since this will affect us, the TM project
  may want to take interest in the process modifications.

* Timing: Review slots are every 2nd and 4th wednesday / month.
  Need to apply for review at least 1 week before, better
  earlier in order to fit the schedule of maximum 4 reviews
  per slot. Can schedule as early as we want. Bjorn will
  be happy to review draft copies of slides and give feedback.

* Typical time that a project spends in incubation is
  10 months - 1 year. TM project was officially started
  may 2005, but became active in CVS only feb 2006, so
  this would be a fairly fast start though Bjorn is not
  concerned about this.

Doug, Bjorn - please let me know if I got anything wrong
or missed an important point.

Thanks,
Martin
--