Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] My first cautious steps with RSE M2

Hello Atsuhiko,

you were right, SuSE 10.0 does keyboard-interactive authentication by default.
I've added the necessary code to SshConnectorService.java.

I very much appreciate your looking at the code, if you have any more suggestions based on your experiences that would be great -- most of my code was just based
on what I found in org.eclipse.team.cvs.ssh2 and team.cvs.ui.

Norbert -- if you had indeed a problem with ssh in RSE, please retry with CVS HEAD.

Thanks,
Martin

Atsuhiko Yamanaka schrieb:

Hi there,

  +-From: "Ploett, Norbert" <norbert.ploett@xxxxxxxxxxx> --
  |_Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:30:27 +0200 _________________

  |Hi all,
  |I just had my first try with the newly published RSE. Here is my setup:
  |- eclipse 3.2 RC5
  |- RSE-SDK-1.0M2

  |===============Log file entries=======================
  |Error
  |Mon May 29 09:20:09 CEST 2006
  |Auth fail

  |com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
  |	at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
  |	at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)

I think that the reason for this 'Auth fail' exception has come from a lack of the implementation of the interface 'com.jcraft.jsch.UIKeyboardInteractive' for 'MyUserInfo' class defined in org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.ssh.SshConnectorService.java

I guess his OpenSSH's sshd is configured to use PAM for password authentication
and, on such a config, sshd will use keyboard-interactive authentication method. If you are not familiar with UIKeyboardInteractive interface,
refer to an example[1] included in jsch distribution.

[1] http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/examples/UserAuthKI.java

Sincerely,
--
Atsuhiko Yamanaka