[dsdp-tm-dev] My first cautious steps with RSE M2

Hi all,

I just had my first try with the newly published RSE. Here is my setup:
- eclipse 3.2 RC5
- RSE-SDK-1.0M2
for the host,
SuSE Linux 10.0, java 1.4.2 for the target.

I managed to get the server running, though I made it listen on port
8799 due to my special firewall settings. The server said:

nb14520d:/opt/rseserver # ./server.pl 8799
Dstore Server Starting...
Server Started Successfully
8799
Server running on: nb14520d

Then I created a new connection. When I say "Connect" I get prompted for
the password. I tried the root and a user account, but in both cases I
get an "Auth error" due to a mysterious unexpected exception. (4 entries
in the log get created. The log entries are posted below.)

The server, when contacted, said on the console:

RECEIVER ERROR
java.lang.Exception: The connection to the server has been lost.
Server Finished

Do you suspect a blunder on my side, or should I raise a bug?

Thanks,

Norbert Ploett

===============Log file entries=======================
Error
Mon May 29 09:20:09 CEST 2006
Auth fail

com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
	at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
	at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
	at
org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.ssh.SshConnectorService.internalConnect
(SshConnectorService.java:250)
	at
org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.connect(Abstrac
tConnectorService.java:776)
	at
org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem.internalConnect(SubSystem.java
:2783)
	at
org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem$ConnectJob.performOperation(Su
bSystem.java:1617)
	at
org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem$SubSystemOperationJob.run(SubS
ystem.java:1333)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Error
Mon May 29 09:20:09 CEST 2006
Error launching server: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Error
Mon May 29 09:20:09 CEST 2006
Failed to connect to the daemon on NB14520D.ATS1TEST.NBGM.SIEMENS.DE
using port 8799 with an unexpected exception

org.eclipse.rse.services.clientserver.messages.SystemMessageException:
Failed to connect to the daemon on NB14520D.ATS1TEST.NBGM.SIEMENS.DE
using port 8799 with an unexpected exception
	at
org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.dstore.DStoreConnectorService.internalC
onnect(DStoreConnectorService.java:1029)
[...]

Back to the top