Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] What's going to happen to RSE?

The UI/Core separation and API hardening are the two reasons we are doing
the refactoring. Historically RSE had a well-defined number of products
using it and could afford to be a bit loose in its API definition. We can't
do that anymore.
_______________________
David Dykstal
david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx

             Tianchao Li
             <lit@xxxxxxxxx>
             dsdp-tm-dev-bounc         dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/19/2006 03:26          [dsdp-tm-dev] What's going to
             PM                        happen to RSE?

             Please respond to
             Target Management
                 developer
                discussions
             <dsdp-tm-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

Hi,

I've been successful to do basic experiment of launching remote
applications programmatically. However, I have discovered some issues.

The most envident one is the missing of clear separation of core and UI.
The list of hosts has to be queried from the UI plugin.

The APIs are not well documented or defined. Quite a lot are using
Object as the input or output, which is quite misleading. The
output/error of application seems to be unavailable to non UI programs
(maybe I'm wrong and you can tell me how).

The RSE plan says that more refactoring is to be made, and I would
certainly like to see the refactoring take the above issues into
account.

Best regards,
Tianchao Li