[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Committers please vote on revised TM project plan

+1

Cheers,

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Oberhuber,
             Martin"
             <Martin.Oberhuber                                          To
             @windriver.com>           "David Dykstal"
                                       <david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx>, David
             05/19/2006 05:03          McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Kushal
             AM                        Munir/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "Stieber,
                                       Uwe" <Uwe.Stieber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       "Scharf, Michael"
                                       <Michael.Scharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       "Oberhuber, Martin"
                                       <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       "Target Management developer
                                       discussions"
                                       <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Committers please vote on revised
                                       TM project plan

Dear Committers,

as you all know, our schedule was jeopardized due to
unexpected IP Review delays, and a raised bar we want
to put on quality. So we've agreed in the last phone
call with the community to revise the project plan.

Last week we've spent some time discussion our revised
project plan. Since I guess we reached consensus, it's
now time for officially voting on it: according to our
charter, a majority of committers needs to agree on the
plan.

The draft plan is available at
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/draft-plan.php

Last changes I've made include a note about provisional
APIs, and availability of docs on bugzilla only for M2.
Since it looks like we'll go with Jakarta Commons, I've
dropped the early Windriver Telnet implementation in
favor of a Jakarta Commons one in July.

Think carefully if this plan seems reasonable and reachable
for you, since we want to reach our goals without future
changes if possible.

Then, please vote on the plan with +1 / 0 / -1 so we can
declare it official together with M2. Please keep the
dsdp-tm-dev list when replying so your vote is recorded
in the archives.

Again, I'm absolutely OK with a negative vote if you think
this is not reasonable - I'd rather have repeated voting
than not reaching our goals.

Thanks,
Martin
--