RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Re: [platform-team-dev] RE: what are thePlatformplans for Team/FTP?

Hello Atsuhiko,

yes I absolutely agree.

Now that com.jcraft.jsch is open for everyone to use, the
configuration options UI should be separated from the
CVS UI as well.

I could imagine the Jsch specific preferences to go into
a page below a new Preference group called "Connections".

Would the platform/team group approve such a change for 3.3?

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber - WindRiver, Austria
+43(662)457915-85

> Hi,
>
>    +-From: "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> --
>    |_Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:59:59 +0200 _______________________
>    |We also have an ssh / sftp client in our Repository
> (using jsch), and
>
> I have a comment for your ssh/sftp client(using jsch).
>
> As you know, Eclipse SDK 3.2 RC4(and previous) has included jsch and
> implemented following functionalities under
> org.eclipse.team.cvs.* plug-ins,
>   * proxy, caching and reconnecting mechanism for ssh session,
>   * preference for key-pair generation and host-key management,
>   * GUIs for authentications and messages from jsch and preferences.
>
> I guess you have already implemented(or will implement) some of them,
> but it must be better to re-use them in your plug-in.
>
> So, I think there should exist org.eclipse.jsch.{core,ui} plug-ins(
> like org.eclipse.ant.*) and above functionality should be moved to
> under them.  If there are such plug-ins, you can re-use above
> functionality
> into your plug-in without adding dependencies for CVS plug-ins.
>
> How do you think?
>
>    |Atsuhiko Yamanaka is offering an ssh / sftp implementation for
>    |Team/Extras from his website (www.jcraft.com) which he declared he
>    |would be willing to contribute to Eclipse.
>
> Yes, it is true. If Eclipse.org accepts following plug-ins
>   * SFTP client, com.jcraft.eclipse.sftp,
>   * SFTP Target, com.jcraft.eclipse.target.sftp and
>   * SFTP Team, com.jcraft.eclipse.team.sftp,
> I would be willing to contribute to Eclipse.org, but I don't
> know what kind
> of steps is required to do.
>

> Sincerely,
> --