RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Revised TM Project Plan

Hello again,

I've discussed the draft TM project plan revision with
Dave Dykstal today, and we see some risks with achieving
it:

1.) Our slow start due to IP Review has considerably
    shortened the time we had planned for API Review
    before we can freeze it.
2.) Additional requirements we have found for Release
    Review processes force us to calculate enough time
    for the "endgame" before we can declare our release.

The options we see to address these issues include
 - Not making a 1.0 release but a 0.xx and remaining
   in Incubation phase. Looks not like a good option
   to us, but we'd like to have this discussed in public.

 - Adding another milestone before our release (M5),
   and moving the API freeze from M3 to M4. This
   would give us more time for API lock-down and review,
   but would also delay the release date by at least 4 weeks
   (if we tighten the schedule for release candidates).

Dave Dykstal will come up with a detailed proposal of
how planned features can be rearranged to accommodate
the additional milestone.

We hate proposing a change in schedule, but we think
it's better to plan doing so early and then sticking
to the revised schedule.

Please let us know your comments.

Thanks,
Martin