[dsdp-tm-dev] TM Committer Guidelines

Dear TM Committers,

I have put a small document on our Web with a few guidelines
that should (hopefully) make our lives as committers easier.
The important points are:

* When fixing a bugzilla bug, please make sure the bug
  number is part of the commit message. That way, the bug
  reporter can eventually see what files were changed to
  address the bug, which makes verification easier.

* I have started Team Project Sets (*.psf). When adding a
  new project to your workspace, please update those. This
  makes it easier to get a workspace set up.

* Follow IP Due Diligence. When checking in contributions
  from bugzilla, anything enhancement > 250 lines of code
  must typically go through EMO Review. Pure bug fixes are
  an exception, but you MUST verify that the contributor
  has sufficient rights to contribute, there is no
  cryptography etc. Ssh was also an exception since I'm a
  committer with a member agreement.

  But unfortunately it looks like Due Diligence requirements
  apply to Ewa's CDT Remote code. So please be careful before
  checking this in. I'll find out what needs to be done before
  we can get clearance for this.

The full guideline doc is at
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_guide.php
for your review. I've also updated the developer tools page at
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/index.php

Again, note that this is done to make our lives easier, not
harder.

Thanks,
Martin

--