Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] autodetect

Hello Javier,

I'm wondering if there is some sort of time delay until config information gets populated to the network with Zeroconf. When I've tested ECF discovery at EclipseCon, I noticed that it took several minutes until certain services showed up. But that was just personal impression and I
could be wrong.

When you've converted these mailinglist discussions into Bugzilla, could you share the bug # so that we can continue discussions there? [the earlier you do it, the less mails you'll have
to convert by copy & paste]

thanks,
Martin

javier.montalvoorus@xxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the last email :)
The Zeroconf implementation on the device can be customised to provide the necessary information to the Eclipse client. Extra information of the device can be provided by the server, for example, using TXT records as pairs of "name=value" (ie "version=2.1")

The chapter 6 of http://files.dns-sd..org/draft-cheshire-dnsext-dns-sd.txt (Data Syntax for DNS-SD TXT Records) provides complete information about TXT records.

Regards,

Javier Montalvo Orús_
__Engineering Tools_ <http://smglinx.intra/twiki/bin/view/PTD/EngineeringTools>
Symbian Software Limited.

Tel: +44 (0)207 154 1091

*Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

03/05/2006 15:41
Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

	Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] autodetect

I'm no Zeroconf expert by my understanding is that it is used to discover interfaces and network services on remote machines. Do you know if it can be used to discover of other types of configuration information (e.g. architecture information, installed packages, etc.)?

Greg

*