RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] CDT Launch integration

Hi Martin,

1.  I'll have to update RSE's filesystem plugin to include a filesystemSupport contribution as well as some other updates.  What currently exists is old and incomplete.   I'm playing with this right now on my dev driver and it looks like it shouldn't be too hard to get this working properly.

2. Once the RSE filesystem plugin is complete, it simply uses whatever file service is available for a given subsystem.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/619/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

18/04/2006 01:34 PM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] CDT Launch integration

Hi Greg,

Dave D. may want to correct me, but as far as I know,

1. RSE already has a service plugin for org.eclipse.filesystem --
  so when an external filesystem is contributed via the Platform's
  extension point it will automatically show up as an RSE service,
  and

2. It should be easy to take any RSE filesystem service and export
  it as an org.eclipse.filesystem.

So what you want depends on *how* you want your remote filesystem
integrated. RSE services see to be better geared towards connections
with lower bandwidth. Org.eclipse.filesystem seems to be better geared
towards total Platform Integration, at the cost of suboptimal data
transfer requirements.

Cheers,
Martin
--