[dsdp-tm-dev] RSE Sample Subsystem "daytime"

Hi Dave's,

FYI, I have created an RSE sample subsystem that accesses the "daytime" service on tcp port 13 of a remote host and thus displays the server's time of day in the RSE view.

Doing it was a bit harder than I had thought, especially getting the view adapters right.

I guess that's a nice example for everyone else to get started with. I don't have the time right now to get all the copyright notices right, so I don't want to distribute it yet, but I'm sure I can send it out when I get back into the office on Wednesday. I'm also planning to extend the example a bit more, and perhaps also migrate the old ISV Documentation's Developer Example to the refactored codebase (in fact, the Developer Example finally helped me getting the adapters right).

I'd like to discuss a few things with you once I'm back in the office - regarding ConnectorServiceManager, the connection sequence itself, and RSE View Updates.
Looking forward till then,

Martin

P.S.: I've also downloaded the M5 release of TPTP and the associated Automated GUI Recorder Technology Preview. Looks good, but doesn't quite seem stable enough yet to start automated GUI tests - but it might become an option until we get closer to our release.

Back to the top