RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] WR Boardfile Descriptions

Antony,

If you all are going to have someone at the meeting, discussing ARM's
involvement and experience with SPIRIT would be quite welcome.  I was
planning on giving a quick over view of what Accelerated Technology is
using for our XML based target description format, and then giving a
summary of my research into SPIRIT.  I am admittedly a newbie to it, so
my experience is limited to what I have read and discussions with my
hardware colleagues at Mentor.  As such, if you guys are able to
present, I think that would be great.

I think that key thing to take away would be a plan for how we move
forward.  Off the top of my head, it seems that answers to the following
questions would be good:

-What are common needs that everyone has for target definition
information
-How do those needs align with existing standards (e.g. SPIRIT)
-What is the role of this target definition in DSDP?  Do we create a
utility as a part of the DSDP framework that parses these target
descriptions and provides services?  What components use those services,
target management?
-How do we plug-in these target descriptions in a standard way?
(extension points? plain XML?)
-What sorts of things do we need to allow to be Vendor specific?

Related to SPIRIT:

Is the extension of SPIRIT for debug use something that you have
formally proposed with the consortium?  Do you have a specification for
your debug specific extensions that can be shared?  Do you have an
existing debugger/tool that is  making use of SPIRIT format files
(RealView?)

thanks!
Aaron