[dsdp-tcf-dev] Trying to get started with TCF

I'm trying to follow the instructions in "Target Communication Framework: Getting Started" (http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/tcf/docs/TCF%20Getting%20Started.html)

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 64-bits.

Java is installed (sun-java6-jre, sun-java6-jdk); /etc/environment has been enriched with JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/default-java".

Eclipse is installed (3.5.2); so is CDT (6.0.2), CDT SDK (6.0.2), and CDT Utilities (5.1.0).

Target Management Terminal (TMT) 3.0.2, RSE End-User Runtime (3.1.2), RSE Examples (3.1.0) and RSE Extender SDK are installed.

org.eclipse.tm.tcf revision 1323 has been downloaded, and its plugins/ directory imported.

I get 112 errors and 29 warnings!

In particular, there seem to be these bits missing:

The import org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.ui.disassembly.dsf cannot be resolved
The import org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.shells cannot be resolved
The import org.eclipse.core.expressions cannot be resolved

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Système de systèmes (SdS) / System of Systems (SoS)
Solutions informatiques et expérimentations (SIE) / Computing Solutions and Experimentations (CSE)
NAC: 918V QSDJ
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>

Back to the top