From: tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scharf, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:03 PM
To: DSDP TCF dev list; tcf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tcf-dev] [dsdp-tcf-dev] The Eclipse tools.cdt.tcf project iscomplete!

Hi Doug,

I wonder what the impact of changing the package/plug-in
names is. It requires that all clients change their
code. Unfortunately, plugin and package names are not just
branding. They are part of the API. It is no problem as long
as all clients can change their source code.

If we break the API anyway, maybe there are some
other breaking API changes that could be done in the same
'shot'.

The question is: are there any pending changes that have not been
done so far, because they would break the API?

Michael