[dsdp-tcf-dev] TCF Disassembly Service

I have looked for a TCF Disassembly service on google, in the archives of this mailing list,
in the source of the eclipse tcf plugin and in the C agent implementation. The only reference I have
seen to such a service is on this blog

http://nokiacarbideoneclipse.blogspot.com/2009/09/cdt-edc-breakpoints.html

Should disassemblers be implemented in the front-ends of debuggers? Is this the case with eclipse?
I can see the advantages of not having to send both the object file and source files over to TCF agents
but there is value in reusing a Disassembly service for different front-ends.

Has there been any thoughts on this when defining TCF?

Thanks,

Torleif Sandnes
Atmel Norway

Back to the top