From: dsdp-tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Wallinder
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 1:45 AM
To: dsdp-tcf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dsdp-tcf-dev] LocatorListener.peerAdded(IPeer) is never calledwhen Agent starts!

Hi,

I'm using the TCF core framework (org.eclipse.tm.tcf.core) and the agent to get the built-in observability functionality.

What I have done is:

1) Created a logger which implements org.eclipse.tm.tcf.protocol.ILogger and added it using Protocol.setLogger(myLogger)

2) Created an event queue which implements org.eclipse.tm.tcf.protocol.IEventQueue and added it using Protocol.setEventQueue(myQueue)

3) Created a listener which implements org.eclipse.tm.tcf.services.ILocator.LocatorListener and added it using
Protocol.getLocator().addListener(myListener)

This has previously worked without any problems, when the agent was started myListener.peerAdded(IPeer) was called.

However, recently I did a SVN update of org.eclipse.tm.tcf.core and now it is no longer working. myListener.peerAdded(IPeer) is never called.

I've noticed that if I start the client part before I start the agent (using the 'l9' argument) I sometimes get "TCF xx:xx.xxx: Socket bind error: An invalid argument was supplied." in the log.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Is the steps above enough?

/Henrik.

Back to the top