Re: [dsdp-pmc] Web Tools for Mobile Project

Resending after subscribing to dsdp-pmc

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Paul Beusterien <paulb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David,

Thanks for the comments.

1.  Interesting point about the name.  I think Web Tools for Mobile is accurate for what it is.  If I consider your three names.  The tools aren't mobile - they're tools for using web languages to develop apps for mobile devices.  They enable app creation, but that isn't what it is.  Something like  "Development Tools for Mobile Web" is a possibility, but maybe too long?

Do others have thoughts about this?

2. Web Runtime itself isn't part of the proposal.  The proposal just includes Web Runtime bindings so that WRT can be used as a reference implementation.   A near term roadmap item for the project would be to add support for open source runtimes like phonegap, bondi, and webkit.

Best regards,
Paul