Re: [dsdp-pmc] RE: PMC approval for TM local terminal contribution

+1 from Eric Cloninger

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Russo, David <d-russo@xxxxxx> wrote:

+1 from dave

From: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 2:09 AM
To: DSDP PMC list
Subject: [dsdp-pmc] PMC approval for TM local terminal contribution

Dear PMC,

I just entered a CQ for the Target Management Project:

This is a fanctastic plain contribution which has been sitting on bugzilla

for just too long - we need it, so please vote +1 for accepting this into

Eclipse now (more details below).

Thanks,

Martin

PS The details:

----------------------

This is a plain EPL contribution, which will enable the Target Management

Terminal to be used for local shells. In other words, you'll be able to run your

cygwin bash, Linux tcsh or whatever inside Eclipse in an ANSI terminal that

supports Emacs, vi etc.

Or, you create an "External Tool" launch config for your favorite commandline

tool -- in the past, the Eclipse Console could only be used for such programs,

so if the program required terminal control for a menu or so, you were out of

luck. Now, such external programs can run in a terminal.

As far as I know, the CDT is also considering this groundwork program for use

in I/O for debuggees.