From: Paula Gustavo-WGP010 [mailto:wgp010@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Donnerstag, 05. März 2009 13:43
To: Oberhuber, Martin
Cc: Kurzke Christian-E11581
Subject: How to proceed with possible contribution to MTJ

Hi martin,

Second email of the day to you J sorry to ask you so many questions

Last week craig setera talked to me about a possible contribution that the company he works for, mfoundry, might do to MTJ. The contribution is the device database that they have and also the solution to handle device fragmentation. The only open source solution that is currently available for that is GPL (j2mepolish).

This is not yet closed on their management team, but they want to clarify the steps that need to take if they decide to do that.

The plan is to contribute the release the code as EPL and contribute to MTJ. But they don’t want to join the eclipse foundation and craig will continue to work on MTJ as an individual. After that the code would be maintained on MTJ SVN

My understanding was that the usual contribution process can be followed (craig can be the author of the code) and we need an agreement from craig’s employer to contribute the code.

I would like to check with if the steps I presented to him are ok:

1 - all code / data must be released in a license compatible with EPL (mfoundry / craig)

2 - open a bugzilla and attach the contribution (mfoundry / craig)

3 - open the CQ (any mtj commiter)

4 - eclipse will request that we can identify the list of code authors. and each code author must agree to release the code. since the code copyright is from mfoundry, then probably you can just say that you were the author (mfoundry / craig)

5 - we need an ok from mfoundry that the code can be contributed to eclipse foundation (mfoundry / craig)

6 - all code and data will be scanned to make sure that there are no legal issues (craig)

7 - after all fixes and justification, the code can be committed (craig)

Thanks,

gustavo

Back to the top