[dsdp-pmc] Re: Is DSDP-DD a Conforming Incubating Project?

Hi Pawel,

I guess this needs to be discussed with Bjorn, but when I saw it right
they were only asking for the user-readable package names which are
externalized NLS strings, and the ZIP archive names which are a
single string in an ANT build script.

They are not asking for anything that would require a refactoring.

But since nobody noticed so far, I guess it's not an urgent thing to do.

cheers
Martin

Pawel Piech schrieb:
Hi Martin,
Thanks for the information, and no I have not seen these before. For 0.x release I think it would make perfect sense to use the "incubation" word in the plugin and download names. However, we are planning for a 1.0 release on the Ganymede train, and during its development we would like to use the final package, plugin, and download names. Otherwise we would be setting ourselves up for a last minute refactoring. Cheers,
Pawel

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
Hi Pawel, Doug,

I just came across the list of Eclipse Projects at
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/

and stumbled over the red-crossed-egg icon. I learned
that this icon is to mark non-conforming incubation projects, with the definition of what is conforming
here:
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/incubation-conforming.php

Now according to the table, DSDP-DD is conforming; but
looking at the definition, it appears that some requirements
are not (yet) met. These might be new requirements that you have not yet learned about, that's why I bring them
to your attention:

* Download ZIPs must have the work "incubation" in them
* Name of plugins must have "(Incubation)" in them

and probably others.
What is your take on these?

MTJ, NAB and TmL might also want to consider these
guidelines.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber