RE: [dsdp-pmc] EclipseCon 08 - votes for Embedded / Mobile Category

Thanks for the data.  Certainly looks like we're not being treated unfairly. I see a lot of unused short talk time though. We either need to convert some of the short talk time back to long talk (which would provide for 10 more long talks), or convert some long talks into short talks. For that I guess we need to see if presenters are still willing to come just for a short talk.
I also see that the Industry category has two unused slots. I'm not sure exactly what that category means, but if it is for non-committers who use Eclipse projects for an industry solution, I think some of the proposed DSDP talks fit that category. For instance, 336 and 473. If we can off-load at least one of these, that would give us another slot.

                Mark

"Gaff, Doug" <doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/26/2007 09:23 AM

Please respond to
DSDP PMC list <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"DSDP PMC list" <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [dsdp-pmc] EclipseCon 08 - votes for Embedded / Mobile Category

Hi Mark,

Yes, that’s correct.  This was pretty consistent for the top level projects.  Bjorn is pushing for much more short talks this year, and each top level project got a lot of short talks.  Here are the stats.  The first number is the number of submissions and the second is the number of allocations.  We can fight for an additional long talk slot from the reserved pool, but clearly there will be lots of folks asking for that.  As you can see, everyone is massively over allocated.

Doug

Category Long Talk Short Talk
Tutorial
%
Business
19 / 5
2 / 5
0 / 0
70.0%
C/C++
6 / 2
1 / 5
1 / 3
40.0%
Data Tooling
3 / 3
1 / 5
4 / 3
63.6%
Director's Choice
1 / 2
0 / 0
0 / 0
50.0%
Emerging Technologies
19 / 5
9 / 20
8 / 3
60.7%
Industry
0 / 2
0 / 10
0 / 0
0.0%
Java
7 / 4
5 / 5
4 / 3
100.0%
Mobile and Embedded
11 / 4
10 / 10
6 / 3
100.0%
Modeling
18 / 5
19 / 10
15 / 8
100.0%
Committer and Contributor
7 / 4
8 / 5
2 / 3
91.7%
OSGi DevCon
21 / 4
11 / 10
9 / 6
100.0%
Other
10 / 2
7 / 5
6 / 0
100.0%
Eclipse as a Platform
17 / 4
8 / 10
11 / 9
91.3%
Rich Client Platform
20 / 4
19 / 10
18 / 9
100.0%
Reporting
5 / 4
5 / 5
3 / 3
100.0%
SOA
9 / 4
10 / 5
2 / 3
91.7%
Test and Performance
14 / 4
1 / 10
4 / 6
45.0%
Tools
25 / 4
6 / 10
8 / 3
76.5%
Web Tools
11 / 5
7 / 10
8 / 9
83.3%
Used vs. Allocated Slots
68 / 71
100 / 150
67 / 74
79.7%
95.8%
66.7%
90.5%
Submissions vs. Total Slots
223 / 80
129 / 160
109 / 80
144.1%
278.8%
80.6%
136.3%

Re: [dsdp-pmc] EclipseCon 08 - votes for Embedded / Mobile Category

Doug,

Do I understand correctly that there are only 4 long talk slots available for device/embedded topics? Considering how Eclipse has been trying to emphasize embedded more, this seems rather restrictive. Do you have the breakdown on what other top level projects are getting? Also, are there any stats on the number of proposals submitted vs slots available?

                       Mark

"Gaff, Doug" <doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/21/2007 03:20 PM

Please respond to
DSDP PMC list <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"DSDP PMC list" <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-pmc] EclipseCon 08 - votes for Embedded / Mobile Category

Hi PMC,

I’ve setup voting for the Category:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/PMC/EclipseCon08_Votes

Please add your votes here.  We may need to discuss some of these talks further next week.

Doug