RE: [dsdp-pmc] ESC West 07

Thanks for the wording.  I modified my abstract and submitted today.

From: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Rogalski
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 7:14 PM
To: DSDP PMC list
Cc: DSDP PMC list; dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [dsdp-pmc] ESC West 07

I would suggest:
The Embedded Rich Client Platform (eRCP) provides a device-sized OSGi runtime, xml parser, and rich widget graphics libraries for building mobile Java applications that run across a broad range of devices.

"Gaff, Doug" <doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2006 03:07 PM

Please respond to
DSDP PMC list <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"DSDP PMC list" <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [dsdp-pmc] ESC West 07

Hello again,

Here is my abstract for #3.  Please comment ASAP.  I’m limited to 800 characters in the abstract.

Doug
Mobile Projects in Eclipse

Key Takeaways
A good understanding of the four projects in Eclipse focused on building tools and extensible frameworks for developing and deploying mobile applications.

Prerequisites
Basic understanding of the Eclipse Platform required.

Presentation Abstract
Eclipse usage is rapidly growing in the mobile and handheld space, both for application development and for deployment.  There are currently four Eclipse projects focused on mobile Java and C++ development.  The Native Application Builder (NAB) project provides tooling and run-time libraries for developing embedded C/C++ GUI’s.  The Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) project provides tooling for building and debugging applications for Java Mobile Edition profiles and configurations.  The Embedded Rich Client Platform (eRCP) provides a rich set of graphics libraries for building mobile Java GUI’s.  The Tools for Mobile Linux (TmL) project provides tooling for the entire mobile Linux development lifecycle.  In this talk, we present a technical and instructional overview of all four projects.