From: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gaff, Doug
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 3:49 PM
To: DSDP PMC list
Subject: RE: [dsdp-pmc] Eclipse Con 2007

Yes, two 4-hr tutorials  became three 2-hr tutorials.  I know (8 != 6), but I think Bjorn is leaving some spacing.

I generally agree with your suggestions, but with only 5 long talks available, it’s going to be hard to accommodate a long talk for every project.  I wish we had more, given that DSDP is a lot like Tools…each project is independent.  But you know how it goes.  There’s always more content than available time.  “External” in the table below does refer to what comes in through EclipseZilla that’s not directly from one of the DSDP projects.  I didn’t make my table add up, though, so perhaps that was confusing.

Short talks are going to be organized differently this year.  Instead of having a bunch in parallel, a set of 5 or 6 short talks will overlap with long talks, so there will only be 1 short talk sessions going on at any given time.  This will reduce people attempting to switch rooms.  I’m certain we could group all of the mobile and embedded short talks together, too.

Anyway, these were only suggestions based on everyone’s feedback so far.  Flexibility is good, and we should wait and see what comes in through EZilla.  However, if the schedule is like last year, we won’t have a lot of time to figure this out, which is what I’m working on it now.  Here’s last year’s schedule:

Oct 15 – Keynotes

Nov 1 – Tutorial deadline

Dec 1 – Long talk deadline  (extended from Nov 15)

Two rounds of short talk selections that finished in Dec and Feb.