From: Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:21
Subject: [cross-project-issues-dev] Build.eclipse.org to be upgraded Saturday, July 31 2010.
To: Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 Greetings,

As per bug 302613, I'll be upgrading the OS on build.eclipse.org Saturday, July 31 2010.  The server needs to be taken offline during the upgrade, so this means Hudson will be unavailable.

The upgrade will take a few hours to complete, and some things will likely be broken as a result.  We will resolve issues as they come in.

Since no backups are made of the working area (/shared a.k.a. /opt/public), I will create a snapshot of it before doing the upgrade.  It currently is 434G (!!) -- anything you do to reduce that will reduce the time it takes to create the snapshot (thus returning the build server to production that much faster).

Thanks for your help!

Denis

--
Eclipse Summit Europe, Nov 2-4