Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Tackling more Helios release requirements

Updating itens 6 and 7:

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 16:32, Daniel Pastore <kpqb38@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,

We are checking the status of the Helios Requirements and this is a suggested planning for the still open items:

1) Release review
- Should be ok, but need to update the Executive Summary for 1.1
- Small item: Gorkem, could you please help us with this?

2) Api report
- Gustavo generated it with the build?
- Small item: Gustavo/Diego, could you guys please help us with this?

3) Engage community
- Write "New & noteworthy" for 1.1 [What needs to be added here?]
- Small/medium item: can you guys provide us with the new features in 1.1 release? (we can update the tracker)

4) Usability guidelines
- It should be ok since we are compliant with this (from previous releases)
- Do you agree?

5) Measurable performance
- [There are commercial products using MTJ and they provide the feedback needed]
- Do you agree?

6) Use Babel PTT
- Pseudo translation being generated and will be tested
Tested and approved. I'll update the tracker.

7) Enable use with all languages
- Since all strings are confirmed to be externalized, it should be ok
All strings I found were externalized, so this item is also ok. I'll update the tracker.

8) Accessibility
- [We are compliant with this]
- Do you agree?

9) Unit tests
- Do you have any already implemented?
If not, can you guys provide some simple implementation?
This is a must have item and we believe that you can provide one much faster than we can right now.

10) API policy
Can we use the same as Sequoyah? (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Sequoyah/API_policy)

11) Retention policy
Can we use the same as Sequoyah? (http://www.eclipse.org/sequoyah/retention_policy/)

12) Project metrics
- It should be like this: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Sequoyah/ProjectMetrics.
The actual information is the API report, but it was for the 1.0.1 release.
- Medium item: we can update this using the same model from Sequoyah
- Do you have any idea on the number of code lines?

* Build
- Use releng package address? Is there a build guide? (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Sequoyah/Build_Guide)

* Releng contact
- Backup = Diego/Pastore?

If we have your help on items 2 and 9, we believe we can have all the requirements done until the end of this week, in the best case.

Daniel Pastore

Any comments on the other itens?

Daniel Pastore

Back to the top