[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Release parts of MTJ in a permissive license
- From: Gorkem Ercan <gercan@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:36:06 +0300
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=lpvx21EXKYP3eyF1qxw/38dpx8goDUy+dZ7sOV/MDac=; b=X/uEFxiJIBPHdYvy2hoyZ5g8xxXredTFiyBrsbSpiUrDlSHnL2tnI5AMXOA7nI0PF9 rpHUcw9yNUkIXJs1AHph8iD6y3+vpmMoo6EBMUGwJYPKqiN27OOfLGLUUmhHFKzZOHwh MVQND4XNwmdlF1S7IX0vJ+Kff1l9vGkvZidu4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=JMsJxOjZDEMtLGmjhbdV6XXaMeIR6stQ7OTKMIROyU32EHOohkYyPA5IcABjKOMDcO 78h/GhcGHzuJ3GlNp0XoWsejpoQHOLXg0COqjsB7FoBW3P49qXkr6EdUom6tkQd5B5PR ZxmazEIFvEvDgjKInz5ETw17zQ4nKJtXrlnJc=
How does EPL hinder the further enhancing of the UEI importer?
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Gustavo Eliano <gustavo.eliano@xxxxxxxxx>
we had some discussion in todays call about releasing some parts of MTJ in a permissive license. This would make it easier for anyone to extend MTJ. Since this year, the Eclipse foundation already accept to distribute example plugins as EDL (Eclipse Distribution License). This is a BSD-like license, This link have some details about that.
the initial proposal that came in the call was to have:
- release all examples both as EPL and EDL
- release the UEI importer both as EPL and EDL (still need to both check if this is possible since it is not an example)
i really like this idea, but i would like to get a feedback from eveyone on the list to see if this make sense or not.
dsdp-mtj-dev mailing list