Re: RES: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Siemens SDK support on MTJ

I agree.

Eric Hildum
Senior Product Manager, Mobile Developer Tools & SDK
Developer Platforms and Services
Ecosystem and Market Development
Motorola
Direct: +1-408-541-6809

809 11th Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
USA

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Craig Setera <craigjunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Given our other conversations concerning the age of this SDK, it seems that this is probably not worth the effort at this time?

Craig Setera wrote:
It is probably worthwhile to support this assuming someone can do the work.  I can't commit at the moment.

It *might* be possible to use the OS class of SWT to get into the registry at this point.  Looking at jawin and jna licenses, it may be difficult to get them through legal.

Paula Gustavo-WGP010 wrote:

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the code!

I think that this is exactly the SDK that they are complaining. I just found the registry keys here that your code searches for.

What are the opinions of the list members about adding this SDK importer to MTJ? Probably we will not have resources to do it, but maybe there is some one on the list that is interested in the work. I also note that the code uses an external library to access the registry (http://jawinproject.sourceforge.net/). So this library would also need to be contributed to MTJ or the code re-factored to avoid using it.

gep