Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Nightly Build N20090422 - Build hooks

I will keep an eye out for this... In the end, some operations will happen quite often with Eclipse's incremental compilation.  That is normal and we need to be careful not to break that.  It is for that reason that the signing stuff is not tied to the incremental builder and must be launched explicitly.

On Apr 24, 2009, at 12:35 PM, David Marques wrote:

Hi Jon,

    Well it seems that the build process is being invoked more than once for every device. I have looked into the code and it really does some operations that will start an automatic build such as when changing device classpath containers. There might be some other issues on the build process. I have been doing some refactoring on the build locally for a while in order to split the building actions, on my working copy the hooks get called as expected. I will add my proposal for build refactoring to the wiki(some state charts), hopefully at the end of the day. As soon as it becomes available there I will let everyone know, so we can discuss about it. If everyone agrees with the proposal, we can commit it into the trunk :) For now i think you should do your actions even if it is being called more than once.

Regards,

David Marques

Jon Dearden wrote:
I just answered my second question. I did not realize I can cast an IMTJProject into a MidletSuiteProject, so I am good to go.

Jon

From: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Dearden
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:05 AM
To: Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list
Subject: RE: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Nightly Build N20090422 - Build hooks

Here is the result, David. The blank lines are added by me. This is the result of clicking "Create package"-->"Yes to package all configurations" with three Runtimes in the list and Phone ONE as the currently selected configuration.

It appears that there is some duplication of notifications. Note also, there is no final POST_BUILD for Phone ONE.

Phone ONE:PRE_BUILD

Phone ONE:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone ONE:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone ONE:POST_BUILD

Phone TWO:PRE_BUILD

Phone TWO:PRE_PREPROCESS

Phone TWO:POST_PREPROCESS

Phone TWO:PRE_COMPILATION

Phone TWO:POST_COMPILATION

Phone TWO:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone TWO:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone TWO:POST_BUILD

Phone TWO:PRE_BUILD

Phone TWO:PRE_PREPROCESS

Phone TWO:POST_PREPROCESS

Phone TWO:PRE_COMPILATION

Phone TWO:POST_COMPILATION

Phone TWO:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone TWO:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone TWO:POST_BUILD

Phone TWO:PRE_BUILD

Phone TWO:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone TWO:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone TWO:POST_BUILD

Phone THREE:PRE_BUILD

Phone THREE:PRE_PREPROCESS

Phone THREE:POST_PREPROCESS

Phone THREE:PRE_COMPILATION

Phone THREE:POST_COMPILATION

Phone THREE:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone THREE:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone THREE:POST_BUILD

Phone THREE:PRE_BUILD

Phone THREE:PRE_PREPROCESS

Phone THREE:POST_PREPROCESS

Phone THREE:PRE_COMPILATION

Phone THREE:POST_COMPILATION

Phone THREE:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone THREE:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone THREE:POST_BUILD

Phone THREE:PRE_BUILD

Phone THREE:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone THREE:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone THREE:POST_BUILD

Phone ONE:PRE_BUILD

Phone ONE:PRE_PREPROCESS

Phone ONE:POST_PREPROCESS

Phone ONE:PRE_COMPILATION

Phone ONE:POST_COMPILATION

Phone ONE:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone ONE:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone ONE:POST_BUILD

Phone ONE:PRE_BUILD

Phone ONE:PRE_PREPROCESS

Phone ONE:POST_PREPROCESS

Phone ONE:PRE_COMPILATION

Phone ONE:POST_COMPILATION

Phone ONE:PRE_PREVERIFICATION

Phone ONE:POST_PREVERIFICATION

Phone ONE:POST_BUILD

Phone ONE:PRE_BUILD

Phone ONE:PRE_PREPROCESS

Phone ONE:POST_PREPROCESS

Phone ONE:PRE_COMPILATION

Phone ONE:POST_COMPILATION

On a related note, I get a reference to an IMTJProject in the call back, but how can I get a hold of the IMidletSuiteProject from the IMTJProject? Specifically, I am trying to get the name and location of the deployed JAD and JAR files.

Regards,

Jon