Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Symbol Set definition from antenna

Hi Ales,

Thank you for pointing out this use case.

The whole functionality of Symbols and multiple device support is currently being actively worked on in MTJ. The main developers for this are Allen and Marvin from Sybase. Craig, can you please also chime in, whether there is anything in EclipseME which we can learn from?

First let me try to summarize the problem identified by Ales:

Currently the Antenna preprocessor symbols get populated via UEI return values from the installed SDK. (thanks Gustavo for clarifying this for me) A user can add/customize symbols in the dialog: Window->Preferences->J2ME->Symbol Set Definition

There is no way to store or load existing symbol definitions.

My suggestion would be to add a "import" and "export" (or should it be load and save?) option to this above mentioned dialog. This would allow to store the symbols and load new ones. As a file-format I suggest to use the Antenna symbol file format.

In addition Eric suggested also to add a "Duplicate" function to the dialog, to make it easier for developers to create new sets from old ones.

My observation was that I don't see how the Symbol Sets can currently be assigned to projects.
According to Gustavo, this is part of the work Sybase is currently doing.

Allen and Marvin, can you please confirm whether you can integrate this into the new 0.9.1 release?
Do we need a bug for this, or is this already being worked on?

Thanks!

(and thanks Ales for the input!)

Christian

Ales Milan (Inlogic Software s.r.o.) wrote:
Hi There,
First I would like to thanks for your activity on MTJ. I'm fans of MTJ.
I check the current status of MTJ and i got one question. In EclipseME
I'm using symbols which are predefinned in antenna project.
So, how I can import these devices to
Window->Preferencies->J2ME->Symbol Set Definition?

Thanks

Ales