From: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig Setera
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:25
To: Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list
Subject: Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Preverification support on MTJ

Gustavo,

There are two primary reasons for this functionality:

- Platform support.
- Easier to call a library than an executable.

I think we should try to cover Windows, Linux and Mac.  At this point, there is a compilation of the PhoneME project's preverifier for the Mac that is shipped with Mpowerplayer.  I'm not sure if it can be found elsewhere.  It might be possible/preferable to allow that preverifier to be used on Mac.  It doesn't solve the "callout" issues, but it does help to meet the platform needs.

One thing we should keep in mind about the current preverifier in EclipseME is that it has known bugs.  I've not had time to go back and address them.  I've wanted to move away from that preverifier, but needed some way to cover the other platforms.

Craig