From: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed Jan 16 19:38:05 2008
Subject: Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] MTJ Working Plan

BTW - Much of the functionality you describe is already present in
EclipseME and is broken into appropriate extension points.  It is
possible to register new "device importers" that are consulted to
determine if there is a match against an emulator or something like
that.  Those device importers are required to create device definitions
which in turn include the libraries that are part of each device.  There
is absolutely no reason that (in theory) this functionality could not be
used for the purpose I think Ken is asking for.  That was the reason
that I originally built that functionality.  I'm sure it still has
warts, but I would expect that it would be fairly close to what is
needed for this kind of extensibility.

Paulo... You've looked through the EclipseME code... feel free to comment.

Craig