Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Latest Changes

Arto,

I understand what you are saying, but please take a look at the standard for the other Eclipse projects. All projects translate their project plan items into one or more bugzilla entries. Each commit then references a bugzilla entry (which in turn references a plan entry). In that way, it is easy to look at CVS resource history and understand why a particular change was made.

Although the community is small at this time, it will never grow if people can't see and *understand* what is going on within the project.

Craig

PS - I know that we have discussed the process I just discussed in person within the core group and agreed it was the right approach.
Arto.Laurila@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
As discussed about this in earlier, the development is done generally against the agreed task contents.
On the active and priorized task list, please refer to the wiki pages.
During development, there will be commits on those task implementations and also commits on while fixin some bugs. As the MTJ community is rather small, the main development is done in Nokia internally. As there is actually only you Kevin from the MTJ community, that has done during this release one plugin, I propose that our
internal development should not be taken in here.
As currently, there are Bugzilla bugs, which contains a collection of those tasks that are included that specific commit. I'm not creating a new bugzilla entry on every commit, and I do not believe that need for that. Who ever that wan'ts to keep in sync to the development, must keep him self in sync with the CVS sources. If that person is not the component owner, this is actually the only way to understand that whats going on. The component owner will implement the component, provide needed information about the functionality and a notice when the
component is ready.
As discussed in earlier, the development is targeting to do the active, priorized tasks in the project plan. If there are any open issues in the current work, that you wan't to change, or take ownership, please open this issue a bit more. -Arto

Back to the top