RE: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Going from mdl to source code

Kevin, as I did fastly compare the models, I did not see your changes.
Could you point me the design changes and reason behind of that?

-Arto

From: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ext Kevin M Horowitz
Sent: 01 May, 2007 18:02
To: dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Going from mdl to source code

Arto,

I am trying to resolve the problem I have now that we are not persisting the deviceplatform data. I have looked at adding some configuration data to the device to give me the same items we had in the runtime platform, but can't figure out what the steps are to go from the Rose .mdl file to compatible code in the source tree.

I have looked at the org.eclipse.mtj.core.model plugin and see the MtjEmfModel_1_20.2.genmodel code. If I use this to generate code, the code is different then the code already in CVS. How do you go from this representation to code that matches our existing base.

I found documentation on how to go from a .mdl file to the genmodel code, but if you could document the entire process, that would be great.

If you can't do that quickly, I have checked in the update to the model I made as 1_21, and you can review the changes, and generate the code for now. I am new at doing this, so it may not be correct, but since I couldn't generate the code, I couldn't verify that I did everything correctly.

Thanks.
kevin
Kevin Horowitz
khorowit@xxxxxxxxxx
Client Platforms and Technology Development
Workplace Portal and Collaboration Software
IBM - Boca Raton, +1-561-862-2113

Back to the top