Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] MTJ Feature List and Contribution to UC & Development work

I would like to propose new feature items for consideration relating to eRCP.

eRCP development being a subset of the RCP benefits from all the goodness that comes with the PDE but PDE does not really cover some specialities with eRCP and mobile. I would like to see some features on MTJ that complement PDE. Here is my christmas list.

1. eRCP application project templates similar to RCP project templates. (Hello world eRCP application, eRCP application with a View etc.) [High priority] 2. Management of build path. eRCP applications are targeted for nothing but CDC, currently PDE(at least on 3.2) does not manage that only access to CDC is available even if the runtime supports java se 1.x. I guess the easiest way to have this would be adding access rules to runtime. [Hig Priority] 3. Exporting/packing eRCP applications for target mobile platforms: I am not sure how many platforms can be covered but I am thinking at least a framework that works nicely with PDE export to provide install packages like .sis files etc. [Medium priority] 4. Running eRCP applications on mobile emulators. By default PDE works only with the windows desktop implementation of eRCP, MTJ can extend PDE to provide run/debug support for eRCP applications on the emulator [Low priority]

Thanks,
Görkem Ercan
eRCP project lead.

Rauno.Seppala@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

As the feature list hasn't got any objection we may agree that to be frozen. If you have anything against that, please say it now!

Please, note the project is schedule driven and implementation of all the features may not be possible.

There is also a wiki page 'Status of Use Cases and Contributors' (_http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Status_of_Use_Cases_). The purpose is to give a compact status of the work and resourcing.

I would like to gather there participants for both use case and development work. Please fill in there if you (yourself/company) are willing to contiribute either or both of them.

        BRs,

                Rauno