RE: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Support for non-UEI emulator

With the change Arto made, it is possible again. The problem was that the Device Manager only searched for UEI compliant devices when you tried to add a platform. This was a change made between M1 and M2. Now, the code will try all device managers until it finds one that matches. So, if you create a device manager, it will now be exercised. The solution Arto implemented has a lot of limitations, but is a start.
-----------------------------
Kevin Horowitz (khorowit@xxxxxxxxxx)
IBM Software Group - WPLC
8051 Congress Ave.
Boca Raton, Fl 33487
+1-561-862-2113 (t/l 975)

Inactive hide details for <mika.hoikkala@xxxxxxxxx><mika.hoikkala@xxxxxxxxx>

          <mika.hoikkala@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          10/19/2006 08:42 AM

          Please respond to
          Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list <dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Support for non-UEI emulator

Moi,

Need is clear.
MTJ have to be extendible so that any (means non-UEI) emulator can be attached.

What I would like to understand is that why this is not possible?

But we have also agreed that we are not (as MTJ project) implementing support for other protocols in our first release, but it should be possible to anybody else to do it. Although I don't see any reason why MTJ in general couldn't include support for major non-UEI emulators.

mho

Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list
Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Support for non-UEI emulator

Mika,

It is mandatory because we have always claimed to support any J2ME library, and by just having UEI, we are limited to MIDP. We have always agreed that support might be lacking for other libraries, but that they would work if you built an SDK. This is something that we have insisted upon during the entire project. We can't limit ourselves to MIDP for the release. All of our documentation lists that we are capable of supporting non-MIDP projects.

kevin
-----------------------------
Kevin Horowitz (khorowit@xxxxxxxxxx)
IBM Software Group - WPLC
8051 Congress Ave.
Boca Raton, Fl 33487
+1-561-862-2113 (t/l 975)

Inactive hide details for <mika.hoikkala@xxxxxxxxx><mika.hoikkala@xxxxxxxxx>

                  <mika.hoikkala@xxxxxxxxx>
                  Sent by: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  10/19/2006 07:42 AM

Please respond to
Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list <dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject

[dsdp-mtj-dev] Support for non-UEI emulator

Hi,

Kevin.
I saw you commented that it is mandatory feature to support non-uei emulators.

I generally agree, but would like to get some clarity to the issue:

1) Why it is mandatory to get it to 0.7 release?
2) Although generally good requirement, do somebody requested that? ("Customer")

3) In management terms what is the problem to get it in?

dsdp-mtj-dev mailing list
dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

dsdp-mtj-dev mailing list
dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx