RE: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Vote: Nokia deployment provider delivery

Title: Vote: Nokia deployment provider delivery
+1 from Arto
-a

From: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 October, 2006 14:36
To: dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Vote: Nokia deployment provider delivery

Hi all,

We have a challenge with two binary components used in deployment provider in MTJ (org.eclipse.mtj.extension.dplp.nokia.pcsuite). The purpose of the provider is to enable functionality to transfer applications to Nokia devices. Like we have discussed the functionality is very much wanted. But the problem at the moment is that currently we can't offer the feature that works as is in MTJ delivery, because we can't add libraries to MTJ delivery (legal approval is missing). The functionality doesn't work before the user is downloaded libraries from Nokia site.

It has been proposed that the whole functionality (= provider) should be delivered from Nokia site instead of delivering part inside MTJ and part from Nokia site. This is a temporary solution until the legal approval is in place then we need to discuss again.

What is your opinion? Can I get a vote?

+1: Yes I support the proposal
-1: No I don't support the proposal

+1 from me