[dsdp-mtj-dev] MTJ 1.0 Feature list proposal

Title: MTJ 1.0 Feature list proposal

Hello everybody,

As release 0.7 starts to be 'finalized', I would like to start discussion about the next release - 1.0. From here you may find planned overall schedule and a list of already identified feature candidates.

At this point, I would like to hear if you have any other proposals or comments to already listed ones.

Proposed process would be to discuss about these on eclipse.dsdp.mtj news group. Then, lets say, on mid October I will collect all comments together and make a summary.

After finalizing the feature set, we'll start describing them as uses cases and gradually go to development phase.

In order to decide implementation order/milestones, prioritization and estimation of a complexity should be known (=risk level).

If you have will to participate and contribute use case work and/or development of any features, please, let us know.

Schedule
-------------
Start 10/2006
Content defined 11/2006
M1 01/2007
M2 02/2007
M3 03/2007
M4 04/2007
M5 05/2007
Release candidate 1 06/2007
Release candidate 2 07/2007
Release Q3/2007

Target
---------
Version 1.0
With needed quality
With needed features (to have “full” development environment)
With needed documentation

Content Proposal
-------------------------
Fixes and enhancements to R1
- Finalize the APIs
- Enhance documentation
- Project based preferences
- Support for non UEI SDKs (user provides the information)
- Enhance build mechanism to manage resources
- Bug fixes

Visual Designers
- LCDUI
- eSWT

Device Information Database

Obfuscation
- Enable external obfuscator plug-ins

New Profiles and configurations
- CDC
- Foundation Profile
- Personal Profile (no AWT visual editor)
- Personal Basis Profile
- MIDP 2.1 support
- MIDP 3.0 support (not included, but may come to the picture)

Mobile JUnit

Localization (low)
- Manage resources
- Visual designer support