RE: [dsdp-ercp-dev] deploying eRCP to windows mobile

Hello everyone,

I think Madalasa's problem is related to using j9 instead of j9w to run the java applications. He has to create a .lnk file in order to run the apps properly. I copy here a fragment extracted from Markus Brooch's blog (http://www.markus.brosch.net/?p=111) , which I think could help:

"And some extra information:

A lot of the people that install the CDC-PPro JVM don’t realize they have to create a LNK file to get their application loaded and running. Here is the note I send for that:……….

Here are a couple examples of Windows Mobile shortcut (LNK) files…..

This link will open a console window so you can check for any errors:

255#\path\bin\j9.exe -jcl:ppro11 -cp \path\my-app.jar my-app-main-class

These example links will run without a console window:

255#\path\bin\j9w.exe -jcl:ppro11 -cp \path\my-app.jar my-app-main-class

255#”\my path\bin\j9w.exe” -jcl:ppro11 -cp “\my path\my-app.jar” my-app-main-class

If the JVM files are organized into a path structure of:
\path\bin\jvm-exe-dll-files
\path\lib\jvm-class-library-files
then paths to the jvm class library files are not required in the LNK file.

All LNK files must conform to the following rules….
1 - if any parm includes a space char then the entire parm must be inside double-quote marks
2 - the entire command line must be on 1 single line, multi-line LNK files are not permitted
3 - the entire LNK file must be no more that 255 bytes max, must shorten commands or paths if longer

Regards,
Fred"

Best,

Elena.