Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] Most of the native code is committed as binary

I think the reason might be binary is used as default when we share the project.

Sincerely yours

Uriel Liu, PMP(R)

Eclipse eRCP/Lotus Expeditor Dev., CSDL
e-mail: liukl@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 886-2-8170-6871, Fax: 886-2-2655-0541, Tie-Line: 849-6871
10F., Bldg. E. 19-13 Sanchong Rd., NanKang Dist., Taipei 115, Taiwan

Inactive hide details for Mark Rogalski <rogalski@xxxxxxxxxx>Mark Rogalski <rogalski@xxxxxxxxxx>

          Mark Rogalski <rogalski@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          2007/12/06 上午 01:16

          Please respond to
          DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] Most of the native code is committed as binary

No reason. I'm not sure how it even happened since team->share project does not ask for you to specify binary/text if it knows the extension. It should certainly know ".c" is text.

Radoslav Gerganov <r.gerganov@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/05/2007 10:00 AM

Please respond to
DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-ercp-dev] Most of the native code is committed as binary

I have just found that most of the C code in
org.eclipse.ercp.swt.core.win\win-native\impl is committed as binary. As
a result the line ending in those files is a total mess - there are both
CR+LF and LF for line ends. Two things comes from that:
- some editors do not display the source properly (hopefully VS does);
the CVS client automatically convert line ends for the underlying
platform only if the file is committed as text
- there are problems when creating patches for those files, Eclipse is
giving a warning that CVS doesn't handle the creation of patches for
binary files. Although when I explicitly confirm the patch is created

Is there any reason for these files to be committed as binaries?

--Radoslav