Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] Re: org.eclipse.ui.services

Hi Gorkem,

I talked with Paul Webster from the Platform/UI team on IRC and here's
a snippet of our conversation.

<paulweb515> rcjsuen: oh, this looks like part of the component
framework that has been removed
<paulweb515> org.eclipse.ui.components.services
<rcjsuen> paulweb515: yes, that's the stuff i got when i googled the
extension point
<paulweb515> rcjsuen: it was marked as experimental-don't use ... and
IIRC it never worked either :-)
<rcjsuen> EXPERIMENTAL: This extension point is internal. Don&apos;t
use it. It will be removed soon.
<rcjsuen> thx Paul
<paulweb515> rcjsuen: and they were true to their word :-)

If you look at the <documentation> element in the services.mxsd (oddly
misnamed) file [1], you will find the "EXPERIMENTAL" warning that I
pasted in the channel.

[1] - http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.ercp/org.eclipse.ercp.ui/schema/services.mxsd?root=DSDP_Project&view=markup

Regards,
Rem