[dsdp-ercp-dev] Jolt award nomination

Below is what I have for the nomination form for the jolt awards, please do send your comments today. I would like to send it to Ian on Friday.

----
Award Category: Mobile Development Tools
Award Sub-Category: Middleware
Award Secondary Sub-Category: Development Kits
Award Third Sub-Category: B-C development tools

Product Name: Eclipse embedded rich client platform (eRCP)

Product Description: eRCP extends the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) to embedded devices. eRCP is largely a set of components which are subsets of RCP components. It enables the same application model used on desktop computers to be used on devices.

Version/Year: v1.1/2007
Company/Publisher:  Eclipse Foundation
Non-Profit/Open Source?: Yes

Competitive Advantage: eRCP is the next step up from MIDP in Java platforms. Its use of OSGi brings a component model that is lacking on mobile java. It enables the reuse of other applications, plugins and services. embedded standard widget toolkit (eSWT), which is part of eRCP, provides access to extensive rich UI capabilities of modern devices. The built-in update manager gives the possibility of Over-the-Air update of applications.

External Dependancies:
eRCP requires a CDC VM on the platform. Currently eRCP 1.1 is available for Windows Mobile 2003/5/6, Windows Desktop, WinCE 5.0 Professional and additional support for Nokia Symbian S60 is in the works.

Supplementary Links:

http://www.eclipse.org/ercp
http://www.eclipse.org/ercp/documents.php

Back to the top