Fw: [dsdp-dev] Single distribution tarball for Eclipse/CDT/DSDP/RSE

(Second send attempt)

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jim Thomas <jimthomasembedded@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:36:53 AM
Subject: Re: [dsdp-dev] Single distribution tarball for Eclipse/CDT/DSDP/RSE

Martin,

I may be misusing ‘DSDP’.  I am using it in this sense:

  http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp

  The Eclipse Device Software Development Platform (DSDP) Project is

  an open source collaborative software development project dedicated to

  providing an extensible, standards-based platform to address a broad

  range of needs in the device software development space using the

  Eclipse platform.

Perhaps I should be referring to the Device Debugging (DD) and Target Management (TM) subprojects?  So my references to Eclipse/CDT/DSDP/RSE might more appropriately be Eclipse/CDT/DD/TM/RSE?  I can see where the chain of acronyms could go on forever, so this probably isn’t right either.  I will have to learn how you guys describe feature combinations.

I did come across Zylin, but I didn’t try it because although it seemed like a nice contribution, the web site makes it sound like an individual effort, and I would prefer something more mainstream that is likely to be actively maintained for many years.

Thanks.

Jim